9/15/2010

Essence Lime Up! and OPI Who The Shrek Are You?


Recently Essence added some new colors to their Colour & Go line. I picked up a few, and Lime Up! reminded me of OPI Who The Shrek Are You? right away. In the picture above I have Lime Up! on my index finger and ring finger, and WTSAY? on my middle finger and pinkie.

They sure do look like each other, but Lime Up! is brighter and lighter than the OPI. Application wise I went with three coats for both, but I might have gotten away with two thicker ones for Essence. They both went on smooth and even, no problems there.
The brush is pretty much the same although I should note that I used a mini OPI, so the Essence Colour & Go brush is very similar to and OPI mini brush. The normal sized OPI brushes are definitely way bigger.
I know I just said that the brushes look alike but there are some differences. The Colour & Go brushes look like a straight thick line but the OPI ones are more compact at the base and the hairs waver out more to the actual shape. Also the OPI brush is shorter. From the top the brush shape is almost the same, but when viewed from the front you can tell the difference.
I'm not sure if these differences matter much, since the brushes seem to flatten into the same width when applying the polish, but I thought I'd mention them anyway.

I'm sure you all now that Essence is a cheap brand over here (and strangely even cheaper in the USA) in the Netherlands. So if you missed out on the Shrek Forever After collection this one would do, although they're not dupes. Personally I prefer the OPI one and the big bottle will soon be added to my stash. It lasts longer on my nails and I like the darker and dustier color over the brighter essence. It's the perfect Shrek color, whereas I'd say that Lime Up! is just a yellow-green.

Some people have called these dupes, but I disagree since they're obviously different shades. So no dupes, but I like them both with a little preference for Who The Shrek Are You? Seriously, just the names and the connection with the Forever After Shrek movie made that collection a must have for me, the great colors added even more to the craving.

Thanks for reading, do you prefer one or do you think both would compliment your polish collection? 

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I’m your new follower. Really like your blog! Maybe you could check out mine sometime: www.melaniesnailpolish.blogspot.com

Evinde said...

WOW thank you for sharing this!I looove the WTSAY OPI colour but OPI is VERY expensive here,and since I love Essence,this colour would be great for me!Thank you!

evinde.blogspot.com

Outsource said...

In yesteryears people would be looking forward from their favourite authors about the next edition, Time has evolved over and readers like me switched over to reading blogs from a list of favourite bloggers. Keep up the great blogging. Wonderful Post

Terry Jones said...

Green is beautiful and neat plus it add up elegance. Simple but very pretty.^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails