8/19/2010

Nail art frustrations


This was an attempt at some freehand leopard spots. As you can see it's rather messy. Anyhow, the base is Color Club Poptastic, which is way more neon than in the picture, and the spots are China Glaze Something Sweet and essence Ultimate Pink. Well I think it was Ultimate Pink. And you see some tipwear because Poptastic had already been on my nails for a few days before I tried to pimp it with some leopard spots. 
But as soon as I wanted to add the black lining of the spots with the black essence nail art pen it got trickier. It just so happened to be that the tip was apparently dried out. After pumping the pen up and down several times (normally this would result in some liquid in the tip and the pen would be ready to use) all I achieved was a big blob of the liquid that emerged from the sides of the tip somewhere above the point. This big blog ended up on a piece of paper so I figured I'd just dip the tip in this blob and use it this way.

As you can see this idea didn't really go down so well. At first I didn't even do such a bad job on my thumb, as seen below.

Before going with the dipping-the-tip-in-the-blob method I had tried and failed to clean the tip with some non-acetone remover. I guess that what I should've done was take that long and tiring walk down the stairs to the sink and rinse the tip with some (warm) water, since the liquid inside the pen is water soluble. But since I was to lazy I think I've completely messed up my pen with further attempts of cleaning the tip out with various sharp instruments. 

Anyway, I bought a new one and I hope that rinsing the tip after use will solve the problem and will stop the tip from drying out. This is also my tip to anyone who'll be using these essence nail art pens. 
And if you have any tips, go ahead and share them!   
Related Posts with Thumbnails